- TUC IT Department - Student Hardware and Software recommendations
TUC IT Department - Student PC and Mac Minimum Requirements
- Operating Systems: Windows 10 or later or Mac OS 10.14 (Mojave) or later
- Memory: 8GB RAM or higher
- Storage: 60GB or higher
- Broadband/high-speed uninterrupted internet access; the minimum speed of 1.5 Mbps download, 750 Kbps upload
- Screen resolution: 1280x1024 or higher
- Webcam, microphone, and speakers (a wearable headphone/headset is recommended)
- Tablets, Chromebooks, and organizationally managed (Non-TUC) devices are not supported
- Administrator-level account permissions
- Adobe Acrobat Reader (latest, free version)
- VLC Media Player (latest, free version)
- Up-to-date anti-virus software (free or paid)
- Up-to-date anti-spyware software (free or paid)
- Compression (ZIP) utility software (free or paid)
- Internet Browsers: Microsoft Edge, Firefox, Google Chrome, or Safari (for Mac users)
- Free Zoom for classrooms and remote support
- Access to Google Workplace via TU
TUC IT Department - Student Hardware and Software recommendations
Notebooks for students.org:
Dell Student Discounts
Apple Student Discounts and offers:
Discounted Microsoft Office Suite pricing is available at Costco.com and Notebooksforstudents.org
https://www.costco.com/microsoft.html - The Family 15 month license option for up to 6 devices is a great value and includes cloud storage.
https://notebooksforstudents.org/ - Select Microsoft Office when ordering for a lifetime license.
https://edu.google.com/why-google/k-12-solutions/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2vyD3oDx6gIVcT2tBh2iEAaVEAAYASAAEgLAzfD_BwE&modal_active=none - Each student receives a free Google Apps for Education Suite.
Copyright 2005 - 2020, Touro University, All Rights Reserved.